Compass Academy Charter School is the most innovative elementary school in Southern New Jersey
Who are we?
We are a K-5 Charter School that will open K-3 for the 2014-2015 school year and expand to 5th grade by the 2016-2017 school year. 90% of our students come from the Vineland, Millville, and Pittsgrove Township area. Up to 10% of our children come from neighboring districts.
What makes us different?
At Compass Academy Charter School every child will get the best education in Southern New Jersey because we offer each child a quality education through innovative approaches.
- All faculty are NJ Certified teachers
- The majority of our faculty have Masters degrees
- All administration are NJ Certified with Masters degrees
- All curriculum follows the New Jersey Core Content Standards
- Children will have both formative and benchmark assessments to track their progress
- All faculty and staff are fully trained in the most current reading, writing, math, science, and social studies programs
- All Board of Trustees Members are valued contributing members of the Vineland, Millville, and Pittsgrove communities
- Small class sizes
- Each child will have an individualized Learning Profile and personal strategies for success through the Let Me Learn Process®
- Parents are invited to be a part of daily lessons as well as class projects and activities throughout the year
- Family workshops are offered on a monthly basis with focus topics such as homework, dealing with stress, how to bring music in the home and how to become a stronger family unit by understanding one another better
- All meals are cooked and baked on site by our personal chef in order to keep our children healthy and mindful of good nutrition
- All children will be a member of the Cumberland County 4-H program which offers numerous opportunities of growth and career exploration
- Students will participate monthly Making Sense Days where children connect to their learning through real-life hands-on activities
- Children will participate in Service Learning days helping their local and greater community
When Can I register My Child?
The best way to ensure your child in our 3rd or 2nd grade for next year is to enroll them now in 1st or 2nd grade. We still have a few spots available. It is not too late to improve your child’s education this school year.
We have begun open enrollment for the 2014-2015 school year. You can see our enrollment periods here.