Compass Academy Charter School is the most innovative elementary school in Southern New Jersey opening September 2013!
Tuesdays: 9 am to 2 pm; 6 to 8 pm
Thursdays: 9 am to 2 pm
Who are we?
We are a K-5 Charter School that will open K-2; each year we will expand to 5th grade. 90% of our students come from the Vineland, Millville, and Pittsgrove Township area. Up to 10% of our children come from neighboring districts.
What makes us different?
At Compass Academy Charter School every child will get the best education in Southern New Jersey because we offer each child a quality education through innovative approaches.
- All faculty are NJ Certified teachers
- The majority of our faculty have Masters degrees
- All administration are NJ Certified with Masters degrees
- All curriculum follows the New Jersey Core Content Standards
- Children will have both formative and benchmark assessments to track their progress
- All faculty and staff are fully trained in the most current reading, writing, math, science, and social studies programs
- All Board of Trustees Members are valued contributing members of the Vineland, Millville, and Pittsgrove communities
- Small class sizes
- Each child will have an individualized Learning Profile and personal strategies for success through the Let Me Learn Process®
- Parents are invited to be a part of daily lessons as well as class projects and activities throughout the year
- Family workshops are offered on a monthly basis with focus topics such as homework, dealing with stress, how to bring music in the home and how to become a stronger family unit by understanding one another better
- All meals are cooked and baked on site by our personal chef in order to keep our children healthy and mindful of good nutrition
- Appel Farms is a partner with us to provide music, art, and theater
- All children will be a member of the Cumberland County 4-H program which offers numerous opportunities of growth and career exploration
- Students will participate monthly Making Sense Days where children connect to their learning through real-life hands-on activities
- Children will participate in Service Learning days helping their local and greater community
When do we open?
Our opening date is September 2013.