One of the four pinnacles in the Compass logo is community. As a school that seeks to reach out to those within our community we are asking our children to do the same. Throughout the school year the children work on various service learning projects that help those in need.
The projects range from working with Habitat for Humanity and creating items for their Restore Shop to packing them in Boxes for Soldiers. Each project has a purpose– to teach our children that small hands working together make a big difference in the lives of those whom we serve.
Parents are welcome to come in on those designated school days and contribute their time in helping our children work on the projects.
- Kindergarten: Collecting books for the Vineland Public Library to give to Headstart preschool students
- 1st Grade: Collecting blankets and making food for the Vineland SPCA; making pet treats for Service Dogs; and adopting an animal from the Cohanzick Zoo.
- 2nd Grade: Starting a school-wide recycling program.
- 3rd Grade: Haskins Shellfish Project.
- 4th Grade: Visiting the Greenville Assisted Living Center. Students read books and sang carols.
- 5th Grade: Autism Awareness.
All Grades: Collecting food for families during the holidays